Monday, August 27, 2007

Preach It, Sister!

Almost a year ago now, I was given the privilege of proof-reading the manuscript for the first in a planned fiction trilogy. I thought the book was wonderful and really enjoyed reading it. It was hard to put down, and I think I read it through three times before I was forced to actually send the manuscript back so that Jennifer could get to work on editing and revising. (BTW, Jennifer, if you're reading this, please keep writing. I am dying to know what happens!)

Since then, I have been able to enjoy Jennifer's writing through her blog, I Will Read 10 Pages. She has a wonderful post on there that I highly recommend, Why the 11th Hour Pisses Me Off, about global warming. She explains (vents) beautifully about why all this global warming hysteria is just plain aggravating... and wrong.

Thank you, Jennifer, for some sanity.

3 comments:

my5wolfcubs said...

Oooh, is this the one that starts with trouble approaching in a lizard skin hat, that she has a sneak peak posted on her blog?
Lee (from the WTM board)

Laura said...

No. Different one. (Unless she's done some MAJOR editing.) It is amazingly cool (kind of an eco-Harry Potter feel to it), and I seriously can't wait to find out if she is going to finish it. I find myself thinking about the characters and wondering what happened to them then remember that they are still out there in limbo somewhere awaiting a plot continuance.

Seriously, I think that the DOD should make prisoners read the book then tell them the next one hasn't been written yet. Now that, my friends, is true torture.

Anonymous said...

You are right, that was a great post. :+) How nice!

I wanted to tell you that I really appreciated your comment on Carrie's blog after her long post about her trip with her ex. It was a lovely comment with the right mindset and was beautiful to read.

Warmly,
Kate