Monday, January 21, 2008

Zip. Zilch. Nada.

That's how much snow we got. Just north of us received a dusting. Just south of us (pretty much all the way to the Gulf of Mexico) got FOUR INCHES! FOUR INCHES! How Alice in Wonderland/ Through the Looking Glass is that?!

If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but if it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.
- from Through the Looking Glass


Needless to say, the kids were disappointed. Their disappointment was compounded by the fact that I also got sick Saturday. We were supposed to go out to a MeetUp group meeting to make signs for Ron Paul's campaign, so I took decongestants hoping to clear my head enough to make the 1.5 hour trek (one way) with the three oldest. Big mistake. The meds knocked me out, and I slept for almost 6 hours. We missed the meeting. Sigh.

We're still cold (the powers that be are calling for an "ice storm" tonight, but I'm not holding my breath), I'm feeling better, no one else got sick, school went well today, and writing is going well (I'm taking 5) so I guess I shouldn't complain. I just needed to get it out of my system.

I feel better now.

2 comments:

Dawn E said...

I'm so sorry. As a lifetime resident of your new state, I should have warned you that the "chance" for snow rarely becomes reality. However, as hope, I will tell you that when I was in college we got almost six inches and it was amazing. This could be the year since the warm weather lingered so far into the fall.

Angel at Aduladi' said...

We got the same amount here as you got there, although everyone else seemed to get much more!

I am praying for you and sending you many many hugs!