I smell something delicious cooking in the kitchen...
and I didn't have to cook it...
and Frodo is reorganizing our closet...
so it's not him cooking...
who could it be?
Yes, I have a child old enough to cook by herself. That's a little scary, but it's nice to have a little chef around the house. Oh! And she's not just cooking. She:
1. selected the recipe from a magazine herself (I didn't even know the new issue came in, she snatched and scoured it as soon as it arrived)
2. checked the fridge and freezer to see what we had on hand
3. asked Frodo if certain ingredients we already had could be substituted for some of the ingredients called for in the recipe (for example, the recipe calls for "spreadable chive and onion cream cheese" but we have cream cheese, chives and onions on hand, so she wanted to know if she could mix her own)
4. wrote up a shopping list for Frodo when she knew he was going to the grocery store
5. called him while he was out today when she realized he forgot a couple things when he went shopping yesterday, so he could pick stuff up on the way home *grin*
And now she's cooking.
And it looks and smells really good.
So, what's for dinner? Mushroom Steak 'n' Linguine
I'll share the recipe, and Primo's alterations and adjustments, later. Right now, it's time to eat!