Saturday, November 18, 2006

Nine Weird Things About Me

Heather at Stepping Heavenward tagged me for this, so here we go:

Nine Weird Things About Me

Or Things About Me That Don't Come Up In Common Conversation

1. I won a blue ribbon in high school for square dancing.

2. I have passed out at the following locations: on a bus at Epcot Center in Disney World, in a Metro station in Washington, DC, in an Introductory Biology class in college, and in the cardiovascular unit at Washington Hospital Center in DC.

3. I was excused from a graduate school class because it was my anniversary, I was 5 months pregnant, and I showed up to class carrying a dozen roses.

4. In the year before Primo was born, I met former Secretary of the Interior Bruce Babbit (he was secretary then), Meet the Press anchorman Tim Russert, and former Social Secretary to the White House and famed etiquette expert Letitia Baldridge.

5. I attended a live broadcast of America's Most Wanted (I was there for a class requirement to observe the collecting of caller tips for a graduate school class).

6. When I was a kid, I wrote a letter to President Ronald Regan asking for a picture of he and Mrs. Regan. A few months later, I received a photo of the President (machine signed) and a letter (suitable for framing). Frustrated that I did not receive what I had requested, I sent a second letter thanking the President for the photo but pointing out the error. A couple months later, I received a nice photo of President and Mrs. Regan on their ranch signed by both of them.

7. My mitochondrial DNA is part of the permanent research collection at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology at Walter Reed Medical Center.

8. Those items I would categorize as "ideal framable art" would be: black and white family photos, homemade art, and gravestone rubbings.

9. I was once offered half-interest in a medical practice if I went to medical school.

I am tagging-

Aduladi' Homeschool Academy

Life in the Two Acre Wood

Trivium Academy

The Foil Hat

Jennifer

No comments: